The Green Gates Community Project was formed to save the Ship Street land surrounded by green gates. It is known locally as Green Gates Park.
We are a committee built from local people who share common beliefs.
We believe this land can be:
- an asset to the local community once again
- a safe environment for children to play and exercise
- an inclusive place that promotes wellbeing, for different generations to meet and relax in
- a space to grow and nurture plants and vegetables, channelling the community spirit for all to get involved
- a natural habitat to encourage bees, butterflies and other wildlife
We believe most of the community wants a safe, friendly and inclusive environment for everyone to use, and we have developed a vision to fit this.
Our proposal offers a unique space to Frodsham that would benefit the community as a whole:
- A: Car park, community notice board, charity and food bank drop off points.
- B: Secure allotment spaces surrounded by plants to attract bees.
- C: Open play area with seating.
- D: Tree lined walkway with pergola as focal point.
- E: Relaxing sensory flower garden with picnic tables.
- F: Enclosed play area including equipment for disabled children.
Please give us your support to change this overgrown piece of land into something special.
In the next few weeks, we’ll be delivering surveys, knocking on doors to ask your opinions, and get your support. Help us to show Frodsham Town Council the spirit of the community around Ship Street!
You can also fill the survey in here online: